Update: Following a meeting of the Warwick Climbing Club committee, it was decided to suspend all Socials indefinitely and attempt to run intermittent Trips only where possible and where both national and local rules allow. This policy will be reviwed every month until the health crisis has subsided.
- Most indoor climbing and bouldering walls are open in a limited capacity. However the St Nick’s wall remains closed while the leasure centre undergoes repairs.
- You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble.
The BMC published their advice (see below) the main points of which being:
- Maintain 2 metre social distancing to your climbing partner and avoid contact with anyone else.
- Groups of 6 can meet outside but ideally just climb and socialise with your climbing partner, while maintaining social distancing.
- Sanitise your hands regularly.
- Where possible use your own kit, climbing equipment and consumables (maps, guidebooks, lunch, drinks etc)
- Avoid touching gates and path furniture where possible. Be considerate on paths and trails to maintain social distancing.
For further information regarding the BMC advice click here.
Trips and Socials for 2020
|March 14-15||Wye Valley|
|August 29-31||Pembroke South|
Warwick Climbing Club is a BMC affiliated club run by and for it’s members.