Trips and Socials for 2020
Warwick Climbing Club Covid-19 Statement
Following a meeting of the Warwick Climbing Club committee, it was decided, unanimously, to suspend all Trips and Socials indefinitely. This policy will be reviwed every month until the health crisis has subsided. While this is a hugely disappointing development right at the start of the climbing season, the background for the decision is:
- Most indoor climbing and bouldering walls are already closed, and we expect them all to shut by the end of this week. The St Nick’s wall, of course, had already been closed by a local arsonist!
- Current advice from government is to avoid all group gatherings. We also have members who live with or have contact with people who are in the most at risk categories and these members are being advised to socially isolate
The BMC published their advice (see below) the main points of which being:
- Infection control
- The necessity to avoid adding any extra load on the NHS in the event of accidents
- The fact that Emergency responders, including Mountain Rescue, may not be available
For further information regarding the BMC advice click here.
- Don’t travel unless it’s essential
- Don’t go climbing or hill walking
- Stay local.
- Keep a social distance of 2m
- Avoid all but essential contact with anyone